Painting Holidays at The Selkirk Arms Hotel
with Davy Brown, one of Scotland’s best known Artists
14th September and 5th October for 5 nights
Learn the skills involved in capturing the essence of the Galloway landscape, based in Kirkcudbright, Scotland’s Artists’ town, and enjoy the warm hospitality of the Selkirk Arms Hotel.
- Take home your own personal interpretation of your experience, on canvas.
- Easels, desk easels and palettes will be provided. You are asked to bring your own personal choice of brushes and oils or acrylics. These will also be available should you wish at discount prices.
- Time off to visit the artistic attractions of Kirkcudbright.
- Every level of competence catered for.
During your week…
- Learn how to “gather information” through the use of thumb-nail sketches, pencil drawings, charcoal studies and photographs.
- Learn the rudiments of composition, and how to “select and develop” an idea, using loose media such as charcoal, chalk and pastels.
- Learn how to apply tonal values in conjunction with the rules of perspective.
- As you move towards your finished painting, using either acrylic or oil colour, learn how to “block in” then take your time to enjoy the completion of your final work.
- The emphasis is on developing YOUR personal vision and powers of perception, not on the style or techniques of the teacher!
What’s included and what’s the cost ?
Arrive on Sunday 14th September or Sunday 5th October for 5 nights – maximum group size 10
Welcome cocktails and canapés at 6.30pm on the day of arrival, a chance to meet your host Davy Brown and get a full insight of the week ahead.
Dinner at 7.30
Each day thereafter will be
Breakfast between 7.15am and 9.15am – come down at your leisure and at your own pace
Painting begins in the conference room at 9.45am
Break for a soup and sandwich lunch at 12.45
Free time will be made available during the afternoons
Meet again for dinner at 7pm / coffee and daily de brief after dinner 8.30pm
Cost for 5 nights Dinner, Bed, Breakfast and light lunches plus all tuition £845pp no single room supplements but supplement on double room for single occupancy of £20 per day.
Non painters £499 when sharing twin or double room with course delegate – price includes breakfast and dinners.